Urgent Need to Breathe
From vibration to vibration.
As I vibrate, my body responds.
I sink into myself.
A flow pulls me in, my thoughts become clear. I am present ... a tiny molecule in the huge liquid space.
In the ambivalent nature of diving there are simultaneously present the complete detachment but also a kind of elemental connection to ourselves and our environment. During this special experience – treated as a sport – the subjective sensation of the time spent in the water gives a sensation of timeless travel. The interdisciplinary piece Urgent Need to Breathe invites its visitors into a space in which motion, interactive technology, visual and sound builds up an almost fluid, seemingly sensitive world. The international creative team puts special emphasis on the relationship between dance and digital arts, which research has started by the the choreographer Eszter Sarlós Flóra at the Master of International Art Creation at University Paris 8.
Choreography: Flóra Eszter Sarlós
Performers, co-creators: Ádám Bot, Emese Kovács, Alexandra Mireková (SK), Barbara Rusnáková (SK)
Light and interactive design, wearable electronics: Luboš Zbranek (The Manifesto, CZ)
Light designer assistant: Gergő Lukács
Music composition: Ádám Márton Horváth
Music composition and sound design: Michal Mitro (The Manifesto, CZ)
Mentor: Eszter Gál
Production assisstant, marketing, communication: Brigitta Kovács
Special thanks to Kristóf Szabó, Fanni Lakos and Máté Czakó
Trailer: Gergő Lukács
Premier: 21th of May 2018, Trafó House of Contemporary Arts
- 23th of July, 2018 - Cirque du Tókert - Valley of Arts Festival (Vígántpetend, HU)
- 14th, 15th September, 2018 - site-specific performance, PLACCC Festival, (Csepel, HU)
- 27th October, 2018 - Infinite Dance Festival (Oradea, RO)
- 6th November, 2018 - National Theater of Szeged - Studio (Szeged, HU)
- 7th March, 2019 - Csiky Gergely Theatre (Kaposvár, HU)
- 21th March, 2019 - Vaskakas Theatre (Győr, HU)
- 22th March, 2019 - HaDivadlo (Brno, CZ)
- 14th May, 2019 - National Theatre of Miskolc (Miskolc, HU)
- 5th June, 2019 - Tabačka Kulturfabrik (Kosice, SK)
- 28th-31th August, 2019 - Front@ Contemporary Dance Festival 2019 (Slovenia)
In the frame of Zoltán Imre Program, National Cultural Fund of Hungary.
Supported by European Union Culture Program.
Supporters: National Dance Theatre, Trafó House of Contemporary Arts, Pro Progressione, Workshop Foundation, Sín Arts and Culture Center, The Slovak Institute in Budapest, Czech Centre Budapest, Balassiho inštitút - Maďarský inštitút v Bratislave, L1 Association, KristofLab